Public update – 29 September 2020
STEP two: ROADMAP to recovery
STEP two: EASING OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Based on the average case numbers over the past 14 days, the Premier today confirmed that Metropolitan Melbourne will be entering into Step 2 restrictions.
WynActive is pleased and excited to advise that following approval from Wyndham City Council, this means that we will be reopening Werribee Outdoor Pool on Monday 19 October. This is two weeks before the normal summer opening of 1 November, and we are sure we will be welcomed by the Wyndham Community.
Based on the Victorian Government Roadmap, AquaPulse and Eagle Stadium must remain closed until the “Last Step” (Step 4). The Premier indicated that this date may change from 23 November to an earlier date depending on case numbers and the level of community transmission. While this is great news, we hope the community will understand that it is challenging to plan for an unknown date. We will continue to work closely with our Board and Council in relation to the preparations for opening AquaPulse and Eagle Stadium and keep you updated.
As always, your safety and the safety of employees is of the highest priority and we will continue to monitor and comply with public health directives and consider appropriate options for our centres.
Safety is still our number one priority
This means we have taken strict actions to ensure a high standard of environmental cleaning and providing adequate quantities of hand sanitiser and handwashing facilities in prominent places. Many other safety precautions have been made to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff.
With each step of the roadmap to recovery, it is more important than ever to be safe and sensible. We’re ensuring that you will be safe in our facility by following guidelines issued by the government and industry bodies.
Step TWO: COVID Safe Plan
- Ongoing, regular cleaning of the facilities
- Bookings required for swimming, in advance
- Outside Personal Training and Group Fitness TBC
- Shower and change room facilities will be closed, toilets will be open
- Your weekly membership fees will remain on suspension during this phase. Instead, members will pay for a flat fee for every visit or voluntarily re-activate their membership. This means that if you do not wish to attend, there is no action for you to take, and you will not be charged.
- You now have the option to take your membership off suspension. Members who chose to re-activate their membership will be given access to book via the Online Booking Platform free of charge. Instead, your fortnightly payment will resume.
- Every visit that you make must be booked and paid online in advance. This includes lap lane swimming, there will be limited places for each activity.
- You must bring your own towel, filled water bottles and yoga mats to the centre
STEP two: Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are you changing your opening hours?
|Monday – Friday||5:30am – 9:00am and 3:30pm – 7:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 6:00pm|
|Sunday & Public Holidays||10:30am – 6:00pm|
Please Note: The Werribee Outdoor Pool is a seasonal pool and only open from November to March. In 2019 WynActive trialled an earlier season (October to April), in 2020 WynActive will return to its usual season, November to March.
What will the flat-fee for service cost?
- Werribee Outdoor Pool admission – $4.00
Can I re-activate my membership?
You will have the option to take your membership off suspension. Members who chose to re-activate their membership will be given access to book via the Online Booking Platform free of charge. Instead, your fortnightly payment will resume.
To re-activate your membership or for new sales, please email email@example.com and we will contact you.
Members who do not wish to resume their membership will remain on suspension, at this stage, and will not be charged. Those members may continue to book and pay up-front via the online booking system.
Will you resume my Direct Debit payments?
No, not at this stage. WynActive may resume Direct Debits at a later stage. Your weekly membership fees will remain on suspension during this phase. You do not need to let us know unless you wish to re-activate your membership.
Instead, members can pay for a flat fee for every visit. This means that if you do not wish to attend, there is no action for you to take, and you will not be charged. WynActive will provide at least two weeks notice before the resumption of any payments.
What areas will remain closed during this phase?
- Grounds and pool surrounds
- Change rooms (Toilets open)
Can I come to WynActive without having a booking?
No, you must have booked and paid for a session to be able to enter the centre during this stage.
Can I bring someone with me?
Can I use visit passes to attend the centre?
I do not feel comfortable attending, what will happen to my membership?
How do I book into a session?
When will swimming lessons resume?
Swimming lessons will not be returning in this step.
When will aqua aerobics resume?
Aqua aerobics will not be returning in this step.
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
Physical Recreation Indoor and Outdoor Restrictions
The below Physical Recreation Roadmap is intended to assist physical recreation businesses in preparing to safely operate in
accordance with the easing of restrictions, while also ensuring the public feels confident that their health and safety is being
protected. This includes workplaces such as: gyms, health clubs, wellness clubs, studios, swimming pools and saunas, indoor
courts, rinks, bowling alleys or other sporting facilities. It does not include outdoor recreation activities, such as rock climbing,
fishing, orienteering etc. Refer to the Outdoor Attractions and Experiences Guideline.
The current restriction levels for metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are highlighted in the below roadmap.
WE’VE MADE POSITIVE CHANGES TO OUR OPERATIONS, ALL DESIGNED TO KEEP OUR MEMBERS, STAFF AND COMMUNITY SAFE
Here are all the changes you can expect:
High-grade disinfectant and more frequent cleaning
We have significantly increased our cleaning regime. This includes the use of disinfectant in all areas of the facility. Special attention will be given to the cardio equipment, weights, pin-loaded machines and all high-touch surfaces after every use. All equipment, including group fitness equipment will be cleaned between every use and further cleaning to studios and changerooms will be done daily.
Disinfecting high-touch surfaces
Throughout every day our safety attendant team will be disinfecting handrails, lockers, change rooms, sinks, toilets, benches, keyboards, computers and phones.
Giving you access to cleaning products
While we will have minimal equipment in group fitness classes, we have increased the number of wipes dispensers and will be ensuring everyone wipes down their equipment before and after every use.
OUR SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone. Please join us in helping to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Virus
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5m
- Wear a mask, wearing a mask where it is required is mandatory, persons who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave
- Use sanitisers every time
- Wipe down equipment with every use
- If you are unwell or have a high temperature you must stay at home
- You must bring your own water, towel, & swimming aides
- Bookings are essential, attend your booking and then leave
- If you have any concerns about coming to WynActive, please stay home and stay safe. We will keep your membership on suspension and we hope to see your friendly faces again when you feel it’s safe for you to return.