PUBLIC UPDATE – 18 January 2021
AquaPulse is OPEN and COVID-Safe
Further changes have been enacted at AquaPulse following the easing of COVID restrictions in Victoria
WynActive has enacted several changes, effective from Monday 18 January 2021.
More people will be allowed into AquaPulse, Eagle Stadium and the Werribee Outdoor Pool and WynActive will continue operating in strict adherence to our COVIDSafe plans and density requirements.
These changes will give you more freedom to visit anytime (well, almost), stay longer and take the hassle of booking in advance away (we know this hasn’t been easy).
|Monday – Thursday||5:30am – 9:00pm|
|Friday||5:30am – 8:00pm|
|Saturday||7:00am – 6:00pm|
|Sunday & Public Holidays||8:00am – 6:00pm|
When Can INDOOR SWIMMING POOLS OPEN?
Yes, swimming pools can open.
- Indoor swimming pools can open subject to density quotients of 1 person per 4m sq.
- Outdoor swimming pools can open subject to density quotients of 1 person per 2m sq.
- Schools using outdoor pools have an exception to this limit when they have exclusive use of the pool during their visit.
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets remain open
When Can Gyms Re-open?
Gyms are open with limits on the number of people in spaces. Classes can resume with up to 50 people. Equipment should be cleaned after each use. Facilities must have a COVID marshal.
Gyms must ensure they have COVIDSafe practices, such as:
- no shared equipment in classes
- limiting high-intensity exercise
- no physical contact between trainers and customers
- staggered class times and time gap of 15 minutes between sessions to avoid congregation or exceeding group limits
- having a COVIDSafe Marshal on site.
Do I have to wear a mask while exercising?
You do not need to wear a face mask when exercising outdoors if you can keep a distance of 1.5 metres from people you don’t live with.
You should wear a face mask when you are indoors or outdoors and you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others. You do have to carry a face mask with you at all times unless you have a lawful reason not to wear a mask.
You must carry a face mask with you at all times unless you have a lawful reason not to wear a mask (such as a medical condition or are under the age of 12).
For more information on face masks visit Face masks: Whole of Victoria page.
COVID SAFE PLAN
- Check-in for contact tracing on arrival with a safe QR code (no-third party providers!)
- Ongoing & regular cleaning of the facilities by cleaners and safety attendants
- Access to hand sanitiser, wipes and disinfectant sprays throughout the facilities
- Shower and change room facilities are now open, toilets are open
- There will be limited places for each activity, density quotients which may mean we delay your entry.
- You must bring your own towel, filled water bottles and yoga mats to the centre